Submitting batch jobs
|This article isn't finished yet or needs to be revised. Please keep in mind that thus it may be incomplete.
Reason: Search for and add information about the JCL Clone OS/400 is using.
For the facility to work, first configure SNA Distribution Services.
Next, decide what the receiving machine should do when there are remote jobs being submitted:
- Reject incoming requests,
- File into the user's network file storage (default),
- Search the network job entry table what to do.
Finally, provide entries to the Network Job Entry Table, what to do with Remote Jobs coming in.
Jobs are executed with the authority of the default user in the job description used in the BCHJOB line. If you want your jobs to be executed with your rights, you need to duplicate the batch job description, and change the default username to your user profile.
- There's also a local-only equivalent called
SBMDBJOBis a somewhat extended version of the stock
- To be seen in
- Interestingly, it's not allowed to use *RQD as parameter, when it would help the most.